6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 6:42 AM by the_wine_snob

Intro Video

NOKNOT Level 1

Sorry if this has been discussed, searched but could not find an answer. I have created a home video with menus, how do I insert an intro video to play before the menu. page. I am using Premiere Elements 8. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Intro Video
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Search in the help file

FBI

• 2. Re: Intro Video
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As John indicates, this feature is not available in Premiere Elements.

However, you can output yoru video from Premiere Elements and then author your DVD in a program like DVD Architect Studio 5.0, and you will be able to.

I show you some basic moves in my free Basic Training tutorials at http://Muvipix.com.

Just type "DVD Architect" in the product search box.

• 3. Re: Intro Video
              the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

You are thinking of Encore here. PrE does not allow a Play First (except for a Timeline w/o a Menu), before a Menu. That is a limitation of the authoring capabilities of PrE.

Did not read Steve's comments, and cannot see it now, but I feel certain that he made mention of Sony's DVD Architect, which DOES support a Play First intro, prior to Menus.

Hunt

PS - just a few minutes ago, I did an intro video for a DVD in Encore (only available with PrPro now). I could not live without that feature, as about 1/4 of my Projects have some sort of intro.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Intro Video
                NOKNOT Level 1

Thanks guys. Steve, I do have Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 with DVD Architect and I will take a look at your tutorial. I do alot of home movies and I like to use the different programs just to see how they differ. The only thing I dont like about Architect is the Themes.

• 5. Re: Intro Video
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Fortunately, you never have to use them.

• 6. Re: Intro Video
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Just like Themes and Instant Movie in PrE, those "themes" are designed for people, who want a "big button," quick method of doing a Project.

I've had similar, going back to the earliest days of Pinnacle Studio, and have yet to use any, because I want to do things in my vision.

Same for things like Random Pan & Zoom. Never used them, as no program can ever know what I intend for the subject of each still to be. Invariably, the Zoom will be in one something that I do not wish to feature, and my subject is very seldom in the middle of the Frame.

I just ignore themes and also most animation Presets, and just do it all by hand.

Good luck, and hope that DVD Architect does everything that you need.

Hunt