2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 10:26 AM by Rums

Error packaging an extension

Rums

hi,

I have a CS Extension that compiles just fine. I can select "Debug as" and run it as an InDesign extension without any issues. When I am ready to export the extension to create a .zxp package using the "Export Wizard", I get an error "Selected Project did not compile". There are no errors listed.

Can you please tell me how to troubleshoot this further? Is there some logs that I can look at? I have InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator components selected in my extension. I created a new certificate. I recreated my project from scratch and copied my source files over. Nothing seems to help.

thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Error packaging an extension
          lomorgan Adobe Employee

Hi Rums,

Are you using Flash builder standalone or the eclipse plugin?

I've seen a problem like this before, the issue in that case was that the Flex compiler ran out of memory during the export build - if you haven't already, try increasing the ammount of memory you give eclipse. You can find out what file to change and what settings to use by taking a look at the Flash Builder readme file that sits alongside the Flash builder executable (so in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 on windows or /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/ on mac) - I just use the settings recommended there (search for "vmargs").

Regards,

Louis

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error packaging an extension
            Rums Level 1

hi Louis

Thanks. I am using stand-alone Flash builder. I deleted my project and re-created it from scratch. It compiled this time with the same project files. This one still remains a mystery. Hope I don't run into it again.

thanks.