12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2011 11:36 AM by bmxmik121

No video only audio

bmxmik121

i just bought the program and a few days after the video wouldnt show up in the viewing area. it seems that the viewing area is stuck on dics menus but when i click on it it shows a snapshot of my video. i can move it some times frame by frame but most of the time it just doesnt work at all. i get the video from a Flip hd camera which it says it can do but when i import it and double click on it in the organizer spot it is just a white screen with audio. any help to fix this will be good.

thanks

• 1. Re: No video only audio
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you give us more details on the Source Footage that you are using? Things like the video camera, the CODEC used, etc. would be helpful. See this ARTICLE for more details.

For the program not fully functioning, see this ARTICLE for many tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: No video only audio
            bmxmik121 Level 1

its a Flip Slide HD. the video file is mp4. i just noticed another problem, when i import new music or videos it deletes what i had in the orginizer.

• 3. Re: No video only audio
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Please, just one problem at a time.

Are you using Premiere Elements 9? It's the only version of Premiere Elements that will interface with Flip camcorders.

Have you ensured that your project is using the Flip camcorder project settings?

• 4. Re: No video only audio
                bmxmik121 Level 1

yes its elements 9

• 5. Re: No video only audio
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Good.

Did you set up your Project, at New Project, for the Flip camera?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: No video only audio
                    bmxmik121 Level 1

How would i do that?  when messing around i noticed a little cation sign thing that said the display configuration was changed and that i sould restart adobe. i dont know if that has anything to do with it but if it does how would i fix that.

• 7. Re: No video only audio
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

For the display issue, I would try updating your video driver.

What is the make and model, and what is the version and date of the currently installed driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: No video only audio
                        bmxmik121 Level 1

im not sure but im using a toshiba satellite laptop. adobe was working fine when i installed the program but now its not ever since i first clicked on disc menues. after that it was suck one that screen

• 9. Re: No video only audio
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

When a Project loads, there is a point, where the authoring (DVD/BD Menus) come up, but then the full Project loads afterwards. It appears that something is getting in the way of that process.

I do not know the exact order of loading the various elements of a Project, nor what might be stopping yours from loading.

However, PrE is very, very dependent on the video driver (more than almost any other program on your computer), and also on the audio driver.

Simple OS updates, and hot-fixes can render those obsolete, and that is one reason that those drivers are released about monthly. Since you are now talkng about the full GUI display, I would update the video driver (and do the audio at the same time), and try again.

Do NOT let Windows tell you if you have the latest driver. You must check with the mfgr's Web site (in your case, try Toshiba first), and plug in your card model, and compare the video driver. Do the same for the audio driver (probably Realtek, or Creative).

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: No video only audio
                            bmxmik121 Level 1

ok so i looked at the video driver and it said update or roll back, i did the roll back and went back into pr9 and the display work. the thing was my computer keep giving me warnings about my computer running to slow and i need to update my video driver. i did and pr9 didnt work so i think it is something to do with the video driver.

• 11. Re: No video only audio
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

When you originally updated your video driver, did you go to the mfgr's. Web site, say nVidia, or ATI, or did you use Windows, or some utility to check for updates?

One should never rely on Windows, or any utility for this critical task. If they do update the driver, it will very likely be to one that is out of date, or is actually the wrong driver. Always go to the mfgr's. Web site, plug in one's exact card model and their exact OS. That will be the very latest driver.

BTW - what is the exact make/model of your card, and what is the version number/date of the current driver?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: No video only audio
                                bmxmik121 Level 1

it prolly was one of the updates that my computer tells me that i should download.

it says Intel (R) HD graphics 7/28/2011 and NVIDIA GeForce 310m 7/11/2011.