0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 6:05 AM by RBC

Scrollbars in web browsers

RBC

Hello,

As I am learning Flex, I have run into an issue--I am developing a form that is relatively long (height about 1150)...the issue I am having is that when I am in Flash Builder, if I Run the form, when it opens in the web browser, it goes "off the page" with no scrollbars, so I can't see the bottom of it.  I looked around on the internet for the solution to the problem, and the only one that I found that works, requires me to edit the HTML file that's generated by Flash Builder:

(from StackOverflow)

I change my HTML file so that instead of saying 100% it says 1150, like so:

swfobject.embedSWF(

"Main.swf", "flashContent",

"1150", "900", )

That's great, except that it seems kind of odd that I'd have to do that (odd in a way that

makes me think I've done something wrong...and not only that, it leaves me to  wonder if everytime I want to test my form from

Flash builder if I somehow have to edit that file first, which would be awefully inconvient.

This is the basic structure of my form page (its a one page application, so this is everything--I am editing it

down so that you don't have to read through as much:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"                   xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"                   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"                   minHeight="500" backgroundColor="#FFFFFF" pageTitle="Trim Order Form"                   viewSourceURL="srcview/index.html">      <s:layout>           <s:BasicLayout/>      </s:layout>      <fx:Script>           <![CDATA[                import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;                import spark.events.IndexChangeEvent;                                                         ]]>      </fx:Script>      <fx:Declarations>           <!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->      </fx:Declarations>            <s:Form id="form" left="0" right="192" top="0" bottom="-326">      <s:Image source="assets/my5.gif"/>      <s:FormHeading label="Installation Order Request"/>      <s:BorderContainer width="548" height="200">           <s:Label x="6" y="39" fontSize="24" text="Customer Information" textDecoration="underline"/>           <s:Label x="6" y="10" fontSize="24" text="Date Sent:"/>           <s:Label x="127" y="10" fontSize="24" text="Not Sent"/>           <s:TextArea x="10" y="70" width="478" height="121"/>           <s:DropDownList id="myDDL" x="229" y="10" width="200" dataProvider="{myDP}"                               labelField="installDatePriority" prompt="Date?"/>           <mx:DateField x="437" y="10"/>      </s:BorderContainer>                     <s:Label fontSize="24" text="Work Needed:" textDecoration="underline"/>           
                      ... a bunch of form items here

</s:Form>

</s:Application>

Thank you for any ideas/explanations.