6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 1:06 PM by kglad

Embeded FLV wont play in firefox

cztthree

Hello,

The project i'm working on contains many flv's which are dynamically loaded into our custom media player, and then again loaded into our flex application. We are having an issue with these flv's. Well i should say some of them. Our problem is based on browsers. In IE everything runs fine. In firefox, some work, some dont. We run different courses though our application. In 1 loaded course, the flv's play perfectly fine. No loading issues or delaying or freezing. But on this one course all of the flv's contained within it will not load. Like i said before, when we test this on IE they work. Only firefox is causing the issue. I have researched this issue and have came up empty handed.

If you need any more information let me know.

I am using the latest versionf of all of the programs including flash/flex ect...

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Embeded FLV wont play in firefox
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

what's your url and what needs to be clicked to see the problem?

• 2. Re: Embeded FLV wont play in firefox
            cztthree Level 1

Due to the problem, the application is on our test server and i cannot give out an address.

The best thing i can do is explain it, i will check to see if i can supply a screenshot.

Our application loads, which was created using flex. You navigate around to your desired course (our application in a way is similar to a library, you pick a course, which in relation is a book). Each course contains many pages of information. Some pages include text/images, some interactive quizzes(.swf's), and some are audio flv's that walk you through. These flv's are the problem. in one course, these load no problem. and in 1 specific course of ours, they do not. When you navigate to the course, you recieve no errors, no crashing or even any lagging. Its almost as if it is unable to locate them. It cannot be the path to the files because it loads perfectly in IE. To me it makes no since on why it would work in IE but not firefox. Also when it doesn't work in firefox, it is only part of the application. If there was an issue w/ the code of the flv player then it wouldn't work for any flv within the application.

My theories are that it is something due to a limitation in firefox, or shockwave/flashplayer. I hope this helps

• 3. Re: Embeded FLV wont play in firefox

i can't debug a screenshot.  maybe someone else will try.

• 4. Re: Embeded FLV wont play in firefox
                cztthree Level 1

see last post

• 5. Re: Embeded FLV wont play in firefox
                  cztthree Level 1

There was a space at the end of the file extension. This made it difficult for firefox to interpret while other browsers must automatically expel that character.

Thanks for attempting to help, sorry i couldn't provide a link to help.

• 6. Re: Embeded FLV wont play in firefox

and that's a good example of something that can't be debugged without the url.