5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2011 10:24 AM by DannyNi77

Adobe X error when using the email button

DannyNi77

I recieve an error stating "An error occured while sending mail"

I have set Outlook to be the deault, uninstalled Adobe X, repaired Office, etc. Nothing seems to help.

It was working untl my last update.

Any help would be great.

Windows XP SP3

Office 2003

Adobe Reader X

Thanks

Danny

• 1. Re: Adobe X error when using the email button
          370H55V Level 4

My guess is there will soon be an Office update to address this. But since it's 2003 we're talking about, there's the possibility Microsoft won't issue one in an attempt to force users to upgrade to 2007 or 2011.

• 2. Re: Adobe X error when using the email button
            JBPTAC

Hi Danny,

Is the document your opening one you regularly download from the web? Do you know if the document has been recently updated? I ask because it sounds like you use the document on a regular basis.

You can find out if there have been recent changes by either using the toolbar and selecting 'File' > 'Properties..' or Cntrl+D on the keyboard.

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe X error when using the email button
              DannyNi77 Level 1

Thanks for the replies. The issue is with all PDF documents when trying to click the email button or use the file, attach to email option. error.JPG

Again this is with all PDF's that I try to use the email button or menu item.

• 4. Re: Adobe X error when using the email button
                JBPTAC Level 1

Hi Danny,

Without knowing all the variables (recent updates, security settings, etc.) it is difficult to tell what the problem is. The best way to find out if the problem is localized to your machine is to possibly troubleshoot on another machine.

If it is localized to your machine then there have been enough changes made that it has affected how you email pdf's, and if you have already done a clean install of Adobe Reader X that would take you to the next step, to look at Outlook (besides running the repair tool). Again troubleshooting on another machine might be helpful.

The reason I impress troubleshooting is that I maintain over 70 (destop/laptop) machines that have the current version of Reader X and they run various versions of Outlook from 2003 to 2010; the only time I have run into the issue you speak of is with Outlook 2010 64 bit, which there is no current fix. I had to roll those machines back to 32bit in order for them to be able to email PDFs.

Best Regards

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Adobe X error when using the email button
                  DannyNi77 Level 1

Thanks for the input. I was able to get the function working again by uninstalling X, rebooting, reinstalling 9.3, then upgrading to X again.

Very strange, but it worked.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Danny