2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2011 10:50 PM by TheFundingGuru

Paid Set up Help

TheFundingGuru

Have the following problems with my new installation of Jabbercam software:

Have created different 'rooms' with instance of software in each room.

These are the problems:

· Kept telling them they were aged 2 on their info
      · Could not find each other (feedback on this at the bottom)
      · Keeps going back to “no info” when you change rooms
      · Tells you to select both male and female when they were already selected
      · Anti-virus flags when entering a new room
      · ID changes when entering a new room
      · When we eventually found each other (and we don’t know how we found each other because we couldn’t do it again a second time!!) it kept counting down and logging us off then losing the chat
      · Took over 20 minutes to connect but don’t know how it connected
      · Couldn’t hear each other

The site is ready to launch but need these elements fixed.

Proposed suggestions were: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Looking-for-paid-help-for-Jabber-Problems?pid=17 28#pid1728

Am prepared to pay a reasonable fee for someone to fix these.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Andrew

• 1. Re: Paid Set up Help
          rtalton Level 4

Wish I could view it here at work, but it's being blocked as an "Adult" site.

• 2. Re: Paid Set up Help
            TheFundingGuru Level 1

http://www.videosoftware.pro then click /  forum /  FORUM-Bugs-Problems-Troubleshooting

What is basically says is:

Have the following problems with my new installation of Jabbercam / Chatroulette-clone.com software:

Have created different 'rooms' with instance of software in each room.

These are the problems:

· Kept telling them they were aged 2 on their info

· Could not find each other (feedback on this at the bottom)

· Keeps going back to “no info” when you change rooms

· Tells you to select both male and female when they were already selected

· Anti-virus flags when entering a new room

· ID changes when entering a new room

· When we eventually found each other (and we don’t know how we found each other because we couldn’t do it again a second time!!) it kept counting down and logging us off then losing the chat

· Took over 20 minutes to connect but don’t know how it connected

· Couldn’t hear each other

And the recommendations:

- take a look at config.php and the age-group arrays. Values are handled as text so it shouldn't change to a number (ex. 2)

- try using the "Connect me to User ID" feature (move it from "Settings") for fast-connecting

- you need to use your own user-database in combination with a login, based on the login.php sample or this method: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREA...60#pid1560

- selecting both is needed when there are few users, it is a suggestion, can be removed

- for ID change, read #3 above

- if using speed date or speed chat, it will count down from 5 respective 30 seconds to 0 and disconnect. You can set these values in config.php, in your case use NEXT or "Connect me to User ID", without SpeedDate, SpeedChat

- with the audio, I would need to reproduce the issue with debugger and logs

But need help to do...

Andrew