4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2011 9:29 AM by AtonMusic

Do you guys think this tutorial for Slow Motion is good?

NerdFury12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSUTPo1kLSg

I just made it, I would like some constructive critism please.

• 1. Re: Do you guys think this tutorial for Slow Motion is good?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I can barely hear the audio. I can't make out what you're saying, even with my laptop speakers turned up to full volume.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Do you guys think this tutorial for Slow Motion is good?
            NerdFury12 Level 1

Hey I made another one is the audio better I turned up the sound on my mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-1SlopRO4s

• 3. Re: Do you guys think this tutorial for Slow Motion is good?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Same here. Could use a little more explanation of what you're doing and a little less of the other stuff. The very best tutorials that cover a single point just stick to that point.

Something like this: I'm going to demonstrate how to use time remapping to control the speed of a clip.

Then go over:

1. What is time remapping
              2. What do the keyframes represent
              3. What can you do to improve the effect
                1. include things like frame blending
                2. separating fields
              4. Can you ease in and out of the effect

It would help if you wrote a script or at least an outline and read from that.

You don't have to show folks how to import footage and your footage should fit the composition. You might also want to show keyboard shortcuts and give a reference or at least a thankyou to other tutorials or folks that have helped you out with your tutorial.

A title page or opening shot would also be helpful. Good luck and thanks for the efforts you've made to help others.

• 4. Re: Do you guys think this tutorial for Slow Motion is good?
                AtonMusic Level 2

1) You need to talk CLEARLY.

2) The tutorial is erratic. You have not contemplated what it is that you really want to show the user

3) There are at least 5 ways of doing slowmotion easier and with a LOT higher quality than what your example shows.

I generally welcome folks willing to share with other folks. But in all honesty I think you owe it to the community to

1) Check out what is already there and be AT LEAST on par with the quality. And if it is already there... Then why make another.

A link to the already existing tutorial is MUCH faster.

2) Research that what you provide IS the BEST way of doing it. Currently you are teaching folks in the dark how to create slow motion

with the poorest result available.

Please dont ask me to explain. There are THOUSANDs of tutorials on how to create GREAT slow motion effects.

Do a google search and you will find what you're looking for!!!