• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFDocument Alert

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2007 Jul 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set up a pop-up message for flashpaper documents generated from cfdocument. The message would say something like "For best printing click the printer icon at the right end of the silver bar." I have far too many users who use "File > Print" and get a poor quality result.

So, I want the alert message to appear on top of the flashpaper document. I'm betting it has to be done in actionscript if it's possible at all.

Has anyone done this??
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If the user initiates the action to retrieve the cfdocument generated flashpaper doc, you could deliver the popup prior to the trip to the server. i.e.

<script>
function bestPrint(doc_id){
alert("For best printing click the printer icon at the right end of the silver bar");

document.location.href= "getDocument.cfm?document_id=" + doc_id;
}
</script>

then instead of a direct link back, call a function, either through a button onClick event or an href.
<cfoutput>
<a href="##" onClick="bestPrint(#document_id#);">#docDescription#</a>
</cfoutput>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation