2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 7:59 AM by the_wine_snob

Can you make custom DVD menus with PrE9?

JR0cha

Hello,

Is it possible to make a custom DVD menu with PrE9? I don't mean modifying a template, I mean creating your own layout.

My  background is with the Nero product and with that I was able to create  custom DVD menus. Adding as many or few buttons to a screen, etc.

I've  been trialing PrE9 and I see that you can modify a template, but it  appears that you cannot change the number of buttons, or scenes that are  supported from any given screen.

Thank you in advance for your help,

-=John

• 1. Re: Can you make custom DVD menus with PrE9?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Although you can modify the colors, fonts and even menu background, you can't do any deep modifications of Premiere Elements templates in Premiere Elements.

You can, however, modify and create your own templates using a program like Photoshop or even Photoshop Elements. (The templates are PSD files.) There are quite a number of rules you have to follow, however. And the order of the layer sets and the names you give each layer is very important.

I do take you step-by-step through the process in my combined Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements book, available on Amazon.com and at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://Muvipix.com/pe9.php

I've also created a number of templates for http://Muvipix.com, many of which are available for free. A couple of these are very generic so that they can be easily modified in the Premiere Elements Disc Layout workspace.

• 2. Re: Can you make custom DVD menus with PrE9?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with Steve's instructions on editing Menu Sets, there is some discussion, linked in this ARTICLE.

Good luck, and as Steve points out, there are rules and conventions that must be adhered to, but when one does that, it is pretty easy.

Hunt