1 person found this helpful
Have you tried creating a new project and importing your existing one into it? That has, on occasion, rescued broken projects.
Seem to recall that VST plug-ins are automatically disabled or "blacklisted" if they don't work, but I don't think that's probably the problem anyway--those would be loaded during startup of the application, and that's where you'd see the crash. Of course, if you're using one of the VST plug-ins in your sequence, that could be a possibility. Try importing the project into a new one, and see how that goes, first.
Thx for tip. Unfortunately it has not helped.
Well it worked for a moment but when i saved new project and i tried to load it the same problem occured. What is strange when i try to import it again PrPro cashes even if 10 minutes earlier it worked for a moment.
OK, let's determine if it's the project or the media itself...
With Premiere Pro closed, change the name of the folder(s) containing your media; just add a character to the name so you can quickly change it back. For example, if your folder is called "Footage" just name it "Footage1". Create a new project, and import the original project into it; Premiere will ask where the footage is, but just hit Skip All. Obviously all your footage will be represented by the "Media Offline" placeholder, but you should be able to test whether the project is stable or not. If it is, there is something screwy with one of the media files, or it's possible that the media cache database has been corrupted and needs to be cleaned. If the project still causes the program to crash, it's something with the project file itself.
Try that, and we'll go from there.
1. I changed the name of media folder
2. I started new project and imported old one (skipping the media)
3. I linked one of the folder with media files and it is istill working even when i save it and load it. But I already have similar situation and later it crushed again. Let's hope that this time it is gonna work.
Colin i really appreciate all of your help!
I think that something wrong with media files and they are crushing the project but at the moment i am going to be optimist and try to work on it with hope that it would not crush anymore.
Glad to hear! I suspect it's probably not the media itself, but the cache files that are created as a result of importing media. If you delete all the PEK, CFA, and any other cache files that are associated with the media while your project is closed, and then reopen the project and let the files be recached, you might be OK. The media cache files and database can flake out, seemingly at random, and lead to issues like the ones you're describing.
Hope you can meet your deadline!
yes, all updates were installed.