2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 10:46 AM by Rums

Deleting extensions from InDesign

Rums

hi,

I am trying to delete some of my test extensions from InDesign's Window > Extensions list. I used extension manager and deleted the extension. I deleted my test projects and removed all debug versions of the extension but my InDesign still shows all my test extensions. Is there a place where this information is cached? Is there a way to clear this list out? I searched in Library/Application Support/Adobe/  folders but couldn't find a place to get rid of my old extensions.

thanks

• 1. Re: Deleting extensions from InDesign
          david_a_clark Adobe Employee

Extensions are also installed into the user ServiceManager folder.

If you are using Extension Builder, you can discover this folder's location by going to Window -> Preferences -> CS Extension Builder -> CS5 (or 5.5) Launching Paths -> ServiceManager

Then look at the "User-specific Service Manager Root Folder".

On Mac for CS5 extensions: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS5ServiceManager

On Win7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager

• 2. Re: Deleting extensions from InDesign
            Rums Level 1

ah! There it is. I missed looking in this folder. Thanks.

yes, I am using extension manager. It was so easy installing extensions via the extension manager. It would be nice if removing extensions using the extension manager can take the extensions off of this folder as well.