• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring book from ADE to Nookcolor

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transferred 2 books from Gutenberg Project to ADE. The books show up in the ADE library and the Nookcolor is recognized. I can read the books on my computer but I am unable to transfer from the library to the Nook. I've tried every conceivable way to transfer them. Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the Gutenberg Project! I have the older Nook, but here's how I transfer Gutenberg files to it. First, download the epub version of the book and "save as" the written out title instead of their numerical file identifier. That's so I know what book it is later. I put the book into my computer's documents section in a file I name EBooks, to keep it easy. Keep this window up. Then, plug the Nook into the USB. Go to the computer explorer section where you can view the devices. The Nook should show up like a drive. Click on the Nook. On the older nook they have a folder labeled "my documents." Drag your book title from your computer file (EBooks in the example) and drop it into "my documents". When you go to the (older) Nook, select "my library", "go to My Documents" and your book should show up there. No ADE needed. Hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To bookLover1126:

Thank you so much for your help. I was successful but want to add information to the thread. I kept looking on my NookColor and the book did not show up after trying to copy in multiple ways, multiple times. The last direction to add to the thread is to look in the Nook's Library under MyFiles to find the added book and click on it and then it will show up on the Home Screen. When you purchase an Ebook from Barnes and Noble it appears directly to the home screen but not the Gutenberg Books or, I guess, any book added from a home computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having trouble with transferring library epub to the Nook, but have no problems with Gutenberg. I wondered if you have had experience with this, also.  My Nook is authorized, or so adobe says; I see the digital editions file on it.  But no matter what I do, including following your very clear instructions, allows me to transfer the books. I continue to get an "unsupported file format" message. I am stumped at this point, so any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had a lot of trouble transferring a library epub book to my NookColor but thanks to a tech savy local librarian who gave me the following email site, I finally accomplished it:

http://beingruth.com/350/tutorial-library-books-nook-overdrive/

When I transferred the book to my Nook, it showed up on my homescreen and not in the Files section of the Library icon. I've only done this one time. I must say that the our local librarian actually demonstrated how to download and transfer a book on her own computer, so that helped too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much; I appreciate your response! I haven't had a chance to try this

yet, but I feel hopeful again! It does seem that this should not be so very

difficult.

Yes, I had a lot of trouble transferring a library epub book to my NookColor but

thanks to a tech savy local librarian who gave me the following email site, I

finally accomplished it:

http://beingruth.com/350/tutorial-library-books-nook-overdrive/

When I transferred the book to my Nook, it showed up on my homescreen and not in the

Files section of the Library icon. I've only done this one time. I must say that the

our local librarian actually demonstrated how to download and transfer a book on her

own computer, so that helped too.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vicki, I think you're right - the technology shouldn't be so difficult.

However, B&N, SONY and Amazon have decided to do something a bit 'different'

with technology than Gutenberg and ManyBooks. ADE doesn't handle the B&N

ebooks well, and is not able to handle Amazon's at all. Then, there are the

browsers, firewalls and anti-virus programs to contend with, not to mention

the operating system quirks. Diagnosing what is happening can take a long

time.

Good luck - may the force be with you!

=============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I think I'll need luck and the force, both!

Vicki, I think you're right - the technology shouldn't be so difficult.

However, B&N, SONY and Amazon have decided to do something a bit 'different'

with technology than Gutenberg and ManyBooks.  ADE doesn't handle the B&N

ebooks well, and is not able to handle Amazon's at all.  Then, there are the

browsers, firewalls and anti-virus programs to contend with, not to mention

the operating system quirks.  Diagnosing what is happening can take a long

time.

Good luck - may the force be with you!

=============

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines