2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 12:04 PM by Rums

HistoryManagerImpl throws a NullPointer

Rums Level 1

hi,

I am working with multiple InDesign extensions and trying to debug them. I open one extension, work with it, close InDesign. I try to debug my extension2 now. InDesign remembers the previous state and opens extension 1 for me. So far, so good. But when I attempt to close it in order to start debugging my extension 2, I get the following error. So, I am sort of forced to debug my extension 2 leaving extension 1 (and all previously opened extensions) open in the background.

Is there a simple workaround for this?

thanks,

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at mx.managers::HistoryManagerImpl/calcCRC()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framewor k\src\mx\managers\HistoryManagerImpl.as:392]

at mx.managers::HistoryManagerImpl()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx \managers\HistoryManagerImpl.as:268]

at mx.managers::HistoryManagerImpl$/getInstance()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\fra mework\src\mx\managers\HistoryManagerImpl.as:215]

at mx.core::Singleton$/getInstance()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx \core\Singleton.as:113]

at mx.managers::HistoryManager$/get impl()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\HistoryManager.as :96]

at mx.managers::HistoryManager$/unregister()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framewor k\src\mx\managers\HistoryManager.as:144]

at mx.containers::ViewStack/removedFromStageHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects \framework\src\mx\containers\ViewStack.as:1190]

at flash.display::Loader/_unload()

at flash.display::Loader/unloadAndStop()

at mx.controls::SWFLoader/load()[C:\autobuild\galaga\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\co ntrols\SWFLoader.as:1383]

at mx.controls::SWFLoader/unloadAndStop()[C:\autobuild\galaga\frameworks\projects\framework\ src\mx\controls\SWFLoader.as:1486]

at com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window::ExtensionWindow/onClose()[C:\hudson\workspace\CSXS_2. 5.0_Flex_Win\csxs\v2_5_0\projects\flex\StageManager\src\main\flex\com\adobe\csxs\stagemana ger\window\ExtensionWindow.mxml:317]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[C:\autobuild\galaga\frameworks\projects\framework\sr c\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9408]

at mx.core::Window/window_closeHandler()[C:\autobuild\galaga\frameworks\projects\airframewor k\src\mx\core\Window.as:3087]