• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML Cap 5.5 Export then Import Fails

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created five slides, cupla' buttons, no images; 1024x768. Opened (created) a new, blank project (800x600) and tried to import the XML; it failed. Opened (created) a new, blank project (1024x768) and tried to import the XML (again); it failed. Here's the pop-up window screen-cap:

XML Import Failure screen cap.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Adobe® Captivate® Version 5.5.0.257

Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5

Windows 7 Professional (x64) SP 1 (build 7601)

2.67 GHz Intel Core i5 M 560

3952 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

ATI FirePro M5800

161.56 GB Hard Drive Free Space

Microsoft Office 2010 Version 14.0.6026.1000

Adobe Acrobat Version 10.1.0.534

Adobe Bridge CS5.1 CS5.1

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Hi there

I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe the XML import and export likely work just like the Export of Captions and Closed Captions.

The way that one works is like this: You export the captions and closed captions. You make changes. You then import the captions and closed captions back into the SAME project you exported from.

I think the XML works the same way. You would export the XML, massage it and import it back into the SAME project.

Give that a go and see if it works for you.

Che

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe the XML import and export likely work just like the Export of Captions and Closed Captions.

The way that one works is like this: You export the captions and closed captions. You make changes. You then import the captions and closed captions back into the SAME project you exported from.

I think the XML works the same way. You would export the XML, massage it and import it back into the SAME project.

Give that a go and see if it works for you.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick gives you the appropriate answer (as always), just want to add that you shouldn't change the name of the exported XML-file neither...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources