4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 5:55 PM by the_wine_snob

Does ACE certification test require you to both Windows and Mac shortcuts

efxeditor

Hello,

I'm learning PPro CS5 and will be taking the ACE test shortly. I'm learning on a Mac and was

wondering if the ACE test requires you to know both Mac and Windows shortcuts? Any tips for taking

the test?

Thanks,

Efxeditor

• 1. Re: Does ACE certification test require you to both Windows and Mac shortcuts
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

No one who knows any details of the test should be answering you about what's on the test.

The best advice for taking the test is to read the documentation. Seriously.

• 2. Re: Does ACE certification test require you to both Windows and Mac shortcuts
            Curt Wrigley Level 4

I will also add that the ACE's are intended to be designed to test if you know how to use the application, not just have memorized some facts.   If you are profecient in using Pr; you should have no problem passing the test.

• 3. Re: Does ACE certification test require you to both Windows and Mac shortcuts
              efxeditor Level 1

Hi Todd and Curt,

Please accept my sincere apology for overstepping my bounds with my stupid question the other day. I was not fishing for answers about the certification test and certainly would not have posted such a question on a forum as closely watched as this one. Todd, I did look at the link you provided but did not see any reference to a Non Disclosure Agreement so I went to the NDA that I agreed to after I achieved my Apple T3 certification. In reading it I was reminded that any or all discussions of a certification test are strictly forbidden. You were 100% justified in your response and I deserved everything you threw at me in your reply. I should have followed my advice to I give students when they ask about Apple certification exams. My reply is that  "Im sorry, but under the terms of my NDA with Apple, all I can tell you is to study the whole book".  Again please accept my apology for my ignorance.   The reason for my wanting to know and memorize all the shortcuts is my way of becoming completely familiar with the software. That means locking myself up in my cave and not coming out until my knowledge of the software is automatic. I'm also trying to help, not teach, but help some of my Final Cut co-workers and students transition to PPro and am trying to understand the logic of the mistakes they make during the transition. Enough said. Thank you Curt and Todd for setting me straight on certain matters and welcoming me to your community.

Respectfully,

efxeditor

• 4. Re: Does ACE certification test require you to both Windows and Mac shortcuts
                the_wine_snob Level 9

If you don't have a copy of Adobe Classroom in a Book Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Press, you might want to pick up a copy. At the end of each chapter, there are the same general types of questions, that one might encounter. At the very least, you have some great exercies that might introduce you to some items, that you perhaps would not encounter in your general workflow. Lots of great material in that book, and the Q & A sections at the end of each chapter are well worth looking into. If the questions are not easily answered, then repeat that chapter, until they are second nature.

Just my rec., and good luck,

Hunt