1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2011 6:22 PM by MrGammaRay

Need Help- ADE Won't Open New Library Books

Brian_104

Hi,

I am having a problem with my ADE.  I use it for my Overdrive Digital Library Books.  ADE will open and display previously downloaded digital books (that have not yet expired) but when I download, save and try to open new digital library books, ADE opens up but the does nothing- will not open or display new book, and gives me no visible error messages.

The only change I made recently was to right click and go into settings for Adobe Flash Player, and I increased the "local store size" to "unlimited" (on advice from another thread I read where people were having issues opening larger documents in ADE.

I have already tried deleing the "restore" sub-folder in the "My Digital Editions" folder, and then closing ADE, then re-downloading, and saving then trying to open the new book again (on advice I found in another thread); however I still am having the same problem- ADE opens, but does not display the new book and I can only open and read previously downloaded books.

I am a Windows XP Professional user with all Micorosoft updates and service packs up to date.

If someone would please respond with what I should try next I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian