2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2011 4:19 PM by Virginia Carter

Disappearing layers

Virginia Carter

I was working on a PNG in Fireworks (CS5.1) and started getting "An internal error occurred" -- the double error message. I shut down FW. When I went to open the file I had just been working on, the layers were missing. If I do these steps:  File > Open and then select the file, I see the preview, which shows the entire file with all the images/pieces. But then when I actually open it, all the layers are missing.

Anyone know what's up with this?

• 1. Re: Disappearing layers
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

Hi Virginia. That kind of problem is sometimes caused by a corrupted or nmissing font. Have you installed or deleted any since you created the file?

• 2. Re: Disappearing layers
            Virginia Carter Level 1

Hi, Linda! Thanks for the reply -

Unfortunately, I wasn't doing anything, really. Actually - I take that back...I was researching something online via Google and was visiting some sites, so I was alt-tabbing back and forth between Mozilla Firefox and Fireworks. That was it -- no new fonts or anything like that. I'm still able to see the complete file on a preview, but everything but a few layers disappears once I open the file.

I had to just start the whole thing over from scratch.

Hopefully it won't happen again! But if it does, I'd love to know why it did it that way.