1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2011 10:22 AM by Colin Brougham

Dynamic Link PP Project to Another PP Project?

Toomany3 Level 1

Everyone uses PP to AE, IL or PS dynamic linking all the time.  But is it possible to dynamically link one Premiere project to another Premiere project?  I know how to import a project, etc.  That's not what I'm talking about. Importing only takes the imported project into the current project, much like a snapshot.  Any changes made to the imported project (origianl file) don't get reflected into the current project because they are not dynamically linked.

For example, If I have a 30 minute documentary that contains reinactments, interviews and main story, I'd love to be able to dish the reinactments and interviews off to my other editors while I put together the main story.  I would import (dynamically link) the other editors' sequences into MY sequence just like I do with an AE comp. As revised AE comps get refreshed automatically in PP, I'd love to be able to see my employees' PP projects get refreshed automatically in my main project.

I'm almost certian this can't happen, but maybe I'm missing something.  If not, I'm heading off to the feature reqeusts page again.

• 1. Re: Dynamic Link PP Project to Another PP Project?
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          We all use PP to AE or PS dynamic linking all the time.

Just for the record: Premiere Pro's interaction with Photoshop isn't Dynamic Link. It's just able to recognize when a PSD has been updated, and summarily update the clip reference.

But is it possible to dynamically linke one Premiere project to another?

Nope. Wish there was the capability, ala Avid.

If not, I'm heading off to the feature reqeusts page again.

Now you're catching on