2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 6:10 AM by _spoboyle

installer file is damaged

_spoboyle Level 4

suddenly out of the blue my autoupdate prorecess has stopped working.

my application launches, prompts for download everything is fine. thenis prompts for install and i get the followinf error

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

I am the author.

The file installs fine manually, it only fails when i try and install it as part of the autoupdate procress

I haven't chaged my certificate.

I have tried with timestamp on and off

any other suggestions?

I am using flex 4.0/AIR 2.5

• 1. Re: installer file is damaged
          _spoboyle Level 4

this is the error from the log file

[2011-07-04:16:08:40] Application Installer begin with version 2.7.0.19530 on Windows XP x86
          [2011-07-04:16:08:40] Commandline is: -update "c:\program files\mydiary\mydiary.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\StevenO\Application Data\com.shire.MyDiary\Local Store\#ApplicationUpdater\update.air" 0.28
          [2011-07-04:16:08:40] Installed runtime (2.7.0.19530) located at c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR
          [2011-07-04:16:08:40] Installed app (com.shire.MyDiary) located at c:\program files\mydiary\mydiary.exe
          [2011-07-04:16:08:41] Unpackaging file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/StevenO/Application%20Data/com.shire.MyDiary/Local% 20Store/%23ApplicationUpdater/update.air to C:\Documents and Settings\StevenO\Local Settings\Temp\fla164.tmp
          [2011-07-04:16:08:41] Got an unexpected fatal error while unpackaging: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]

I'd also like to add that the newer version i am trying to update to will install from the air badge i have hosted on the same domain as the newer air file.

I have also run the application, downloaded the new air file via the autoupdate process without install it. manually quit the application and installed the new air file from where it was downloaded. this works fine.

It only fails at the install step when doing an autoupdate

• 2. Re: installer file is damaged
            _spoboyle Level 4

I have found that if i include this code

addEventListener(Event.CLOSING, onClose);

private function onClose(event:Event):void
            {
                 for each (var window:NativeWindow in nativeApplication.openedWindows)
                 {
                      window.close();
                 }
            }

everything works fine.

if i remove the above code everthing compiles fine and i can manually install the application but i get a damaged file error using the autoupdater