13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 7:53 AM by kglad

Several general questions

shayc4

Hello,

I am not a Flash user and would like some information as a client. I have some problems with my service provider and wanted to verify his claims regarding the software.

Ill address my issues as numbered questions and would appreciate if the answers will be numbered accordingly.

Thank you in advance for the help!

1.       Is there a stage size limit to flash SC3 and what is it?

2.       Is it possible that the software crashes because of the data added to it (pictures and vectors)? Or dose the crash is happening from insufficient computer resources?

3.       Dose a 1027X768 stage require a substantial amount of computer resources? And is a 4 year old 17" mac book pro might crash repeatedly if such data is applied to it?

I understand that these are not the general questions asked in this forum but I will appreciate the help.

Thank you again

Shay

• 1. Re: Several general questions
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

:

1.       Is there a stage size limit to flash SC3 and what is it?

yes, 2880 width and 2880 height

2.       Is it possible that the software crashes because of the data added to it (pictures and vectors)? Or dose the crash is happening from insufficient computer resources?

both are possible but usually a crash is due to an actionscript problem.

3.       Dose a 1027X768 stage require a substantial amount of computer resources?

no

And is a 4 year old 17" mac book pro might crash repeatedly if such data is applied to it?

a properly constructed 1027x768 flash should not cause a crash

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Several general questions
            shayc4 Level 1

Thank you for the prompt response.

I'll try to be a little more specific. I wanted to know if an action-script problem is happening because of the material you work on? or the way it's been handled?

I have a flash file I received from the person I hired for a job and she claims it took 20 hours to make. Is it possible to estimate the actual amount of time it took via the result? It was supposed to be a flash presentation. Some of it was supposed frame by frame videos with buttons between them and some was supposed to be animation in vectors.

I have the result and can email it or upload it if you are willing to help/

Thank you again

Shay

• 3. Re: Several general questions

i don't download and correct files unless i'm hired.

but you can upload the results to a server, post the url to the embedding html and i'm usually able to determine quite a bit from viewing your flash project.

• 4. Re: Several general questions
                shayc4 Level 1

this is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaf516GI0vQ

The original file was 12 fps.

I converted the SWF to AVI in order to use YouTube, had no other option. There is a button between each rotating sequence that moves it to the next one. And a very bad animation at the end that is not timed correctly

Initially was supposed to be 1027X768 but she claimed that the software crashes because it's too big for the stage and asked me to send again in PAL resolution. As I understood from your answer it's probably a hardware problem right?

Again, appreciate the help.

Thank you

Shay

• 5. Re: Several general questions

i can't tell anything useful from an avi.  you should use the fla to publish an html and a swf and upload the html and swf to server.

• 6. Re: Several general questions
                    shayc4 Level 1

Hello again,

Its uploaded and can be watched at :

http://megaswf.com/serve/1143466

Will appreciate your opinion,

Thank you

Shay

• 7. Re: Several general questions

ok, i see  /file/1143466.swf at that link.  i don't see anything very interesting but i also don't see a problem.

what am i supposed to see?

• 8. Re: Several general questions
                        shayc4 Level 1

I wanted to know if you can estimate the amount of time it should take to make such a file. (12fps, 60 frames for each rotating part and the flashing part at the end)

And also do you see a reason why such a file crashes repeatedly if made in 1024X768 other than computer recourses?

It's not interesting because it's not finished. Its 30 seconds of what was supposed to be 7 minute long presentation. And it's not very well made…

Thank you

Shay

• 9. Re: Several general questions

the only work required is creating that 3d model that's initially presented when you page first loads and that wouldn't be done in flash.  so, depending on what you wanted and what art work you supplied, that animation could require several hours of 3d modeling in a program like maya, blender etc.

• 10. Re: Several general questions
                            shayc4 Level 1

I made the 3D model and the animation.

I sent jpeg sequence (60 frames for a 5 seconds rotating animationX5) and

the only work at here side was to create a frame by frame animation via

flash and add the buttons between them.

• 11. Re: Several general questions

i'd charge $45 for that figuring you'd want a lot of changes after it was completed.  but if i had worked with you before and was confident you wouldn't make a bunch of changes after you saw what you asked for, i'd charge $25.

and there's nothing there that should cause a computer crash.  are you the only one whose computer crashes?

• 12. Re: Several general questions
                                shayc4 Level 1

45$ is how much in hours?

and the last question is; is it possible for a computer to crash under such work rpeatedlly unless its old?

you have been a huge help...

thank you for your time and effort.

shay

• 13. Re: Several general questions

i don't charge by the hour for a flat-rate job.  but it would take me less than 1 hour.

i suppose anything is possible but there's nothing visible going on in that swf that should cause any crash.