2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 1:59 AM by L3pton

Question about markers

L3pton

Hi, I'm sure my question has a simple answer. My problem is that when I use the shortcut (shift+8) to make a new layer marker, instead it creates a new composition marker, labelling it as '8'. When I use the shortcut over a different part of the timeline it moves this composition marker. Any idea what is going wrong? I'm using After Effects on Mac if that helps

• 1. Re: Question about markers
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

>  My problem is that when I use the shortcut (shift+8) to make a new layer marker, instead it creates a new composition marker, labelling it as '8'.

That's what it's supposed to do. Read the instructions here, where it says that using the number keys creates a composition marker.

> When I use the shortcut over a different part of the timeline it moves this composition marker.

Again, that is what is supposed to happen. From the same set of instructions that I linked to above:

• To add a numbered composition marker at the current time, press Shift + a number key (0–9) on the main keyboard.
            Note: If the number you press is already used by another composition marker, After Effects does not create a new marker. Instead, it moves the existing marker with that number to the new position.
          • 2. Re: Question about markers
            L3pton Level 1

thanks