Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to compine multiple .cp file

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

I hope you can help on this. I have been trying to combine multiple captured demo in captivate and these are on .cp file format.

How do I combine them? for example.

1.cp and 2.cp in one project only.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2011 Jul 05, 2011

Are you wanting all slides from both projects in a single Captivate project file?  If so, in Cp4 you just import the slides from one project into the other.  In Cp5 you can have multiple projects open at the same time in different tabs, so you can just copy and paste slides from one project to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You do not tell exactly which version you are using: CP4 or earlier?

In Cp4 you can import slides from another CP-file, or you can copy/paste slides. But beware: depending on the presence of audio, the maximum number of slides in a project to be comfortable with is somewhere between 50 and 100.

Another possibility is to open the second file from the first one, on the last slide (called daisy-chaining).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooppss sorry about that..its Cp4 hehe. wait I will try the process you instructed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting all slides from both projects in a single Captivate project file?  If so, in Cp4 you just import the slides from one project into the other.  In Cp5 you can have multiple projects open at the same time in different tabs, so you can just copy and paste slides from one project to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did copy /paste and it worked hehe. Thanks guys. why didnt I think of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri and Rodward..you guys are the best.

I have CP5 coming up..not yet delivered, im still waiting

I have been searching for captivate coding since CP3 then 4 now im on 5 and still I dont have the coding (this is the one ACTIONS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Coding, Advanced actions are in Captivate since version 4, not before. I have been blogging a lot about Advanced actions and its possibilities, which opens up a world of control over CP-movies. Link to my blog:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com

Lilybiri

PS: meanwhile Captivate 5.5 appeared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow! thanks. I'm so excited i feel like giving out a tshirt hehehe.

I have been following you in twitter since February hehe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources