3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 7:21 AM by 370H55V

Emaling forms using the 'Submit' button

Sh@st22n77

I work for a college and we want to convert all of our existing .asp and javascript forms to .pdf forms. However, when users outside of the college fill out forms and click the 'Submit' button, they get an error stating 'This operation is not allowed'. The Submit button is directed towards a college emial address. We need answers. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Emaling forms using the 'Submit' button
          370H55V Level 4

Using asp and javascript require server interaction. Something you simply cannot do with a PDF.

Javascript forms more than asp require the user to be on the same network as the form, which is why the error occurs with "outside" users.

You can create the PDF forms and them have visitors send them as attachments to emails using PHP, but the way you're trying it now will be an exercise in futility.

• 2. Re: Emaling forms using the 'Submit' button
            Sh@st22n77 Level 1

Perhaps I wasn't clear. We are not trying to use Adobe with javascript or asp forms. We are creating new pdf forms, which will replace our existing javascript and asp forms.

My issue is that when users outside of the college domain fill in an online pdf and click the Submit button, which is set to go to a college email address, the user gets the 'The operation is not allowed' message.

Are you saying I must have PHP installed on our server to use the Submit as attachment to email function?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Emaling forms using the 'Submit' button
              370H55V Level 4

"when users outside of the college domain fill in an online pdf and click  the Submit button, which is set to go to a college email address, the  user gets the 'The operation is not allowed' message."

It sounds like the mail is not configured to accept the forms in this way.

By "click the submit button", are you referring to the "e-mail" button in the Reader toolbar or a "submit" button in the webpage?