9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 2:24 PM by Tony Brittan

Attention Adobe Customer Service...

Tony Brittan

I'm an FCP user who is increasingly frustrated with what's going on with Apple and FCP so I'm learning other tools.  I have had the Adobe Production Premium CS4 for some time now. I got it for AE and PS and never really dug into Premiere. Well, now I am.

I think it's awesome that you're doing the cross grade promotion for FCP/AVID users! I'm wondering if there is any way that Adobe would extend the 50% off deal for an FCP user who simply wants to upgrade my CS4 (which I paid full price for so I didn't benefit from the cool deal you have now) to CS5.5? Jeez...the upgrade is nearly the cost of buying the whole set right now! I've already had to deal with a lot of cost in both time and $ around recent changes so any breaks would be GREAT!!!

So...if you really want to show how awesome Adobe is, and that you really do want to support your PRO users, tell me how you can help make it a deal like you have for brand new users. I'm only asking for 50% off of the upgrade from CS4 Production Premium to CS5.5. What cha think?

Thank you for your time!

Tony Brittan
      Island Shore Productions

• 1. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          Jeez...the upgrade is nearly the cost of buying the whole set right now!

The upgrade is the whole set. It's just that you have to have a license for a previous version, which you already do.

I'm only asking for 50% off of the upgrade from CS4 Production Premium to CS5.5. What cha think?

Haha! Nice try...

PS: this is a user-to-user forum. You'd have to call Sales to make your case.

• 2. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

Welcome to the forum.

I would write directly to Adobe Customer Service and share your thoughts.

The Adobe staff here are in the product areas, and not in sales, or Customer Support, where any promotions would need to come.

Good luck, and hope that the CS 5.5 version trial gives you everything that you need.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
              Tony Brittan Level 1

Cool...I'll do that.  Do you have any idea what the direct line to sales...or even a direct email to them is?  I cannot seem to find that. 

Oh, and it's not like I'm trying to "pull one over" on them or anything.  I think it's a legit question.  I already purchased the full suite so I've already spent over $1600 on product.  I simply want to upgrade.  And this time I want to do so in order to better use the product and possibly replace Final Cut Pro completely.  Which is what I thought this promotion was all about. 

I'm just asking that they show me their loyalty and interest in gaining more pro users (I'm a freelancer and I own a production company that turns out a lot of work for broadcast and more) who will, in turn, tell more of their peers that they should try it as well!  They are doing a great thing in doing the 50% off deal for Avid and or FCP users!  But what about those of us who have already invested a lot of money in their product but want to have the best / latest version for switch consideration but see the $699 price tag a bit steep.  Since they're willing to do 50% off for new customers that are buying the suite for the first time, why now extend that and let people who already have the suite...but might not have the best iteration of it to truly decide if it's going to be the new go to tool... be able to upgrade with a better price as well?

Just sayin' 

Tony

• 4. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
                Tony Brittan Level 1

Bill,

I'll do that.  Any idea where I can find a direct email address so that I could do that?

Tony

• 5. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
                  Colin Brougham Level 6
                  Do you have any idea what the direct line to sales...or even a direct email to them is?  I cannot seem to find that. 

Should be somewhere in here: Adobe Store

Oh, and it's not like I'm trying to "pull one over" on them or anything.  I think it's a legit question.  I already purchased the full suite so I've already spent over $1600 on product.  I simply want to upgrade.  And this time I want to do so in order to better use the product and possibly replace Final Cut Pro completely.  Which is what I thought this promotion was all about. 

I'm not suggesting that you're trying to pull one over, but that the upgrade price already is the promotional price. Upgrading from CS4 is less dinero than buying CS5.5 outright, even with the 50% discount. If you were to get 50% off the upgrade price, that would make a lot of Adobe users--myself included--a little ticked off since we paid the "full" upgrade price when CS5.5 came out. The upgrade pricing, as it is, may be considered steep, but it's a reward to all of us who have dutifully tithed at the Church of Adobe with each new version of Premiere Pro, Production Premium, or Master Collection. It would be very bad form if Adobe were to more heavily reward late adopters than early adopters.

I get wanting a deal--believe me, I'm always on the look-out. But there is a certain "pay-to-play" formula that needs to be applied here, and that's why the offer is what it is. It'll undoubtedly welcome new users and those who haven't upgraded in a few versions--and we're glad to have them--but it can't punish those of us who have been on the boat the whole time.

But what about those of us who have already invested a lot of money in their product but want to have the best / latest version for switch consideration but see the $699 price tag a bit steep.  Since they're willing to do 50% off for new customers that are buying the suite for the first time, why now extend that and let people who already have the suite...but might not have the best iteration of it to truly decide if it's going to be the new go to tool... be able to upgrade with a better price as well?

Sure, I understand. While you're convincing them of this, please tell them that they need to refund me 50% of the upgrade price that I've already paid. I'll even take you out for a nice hamburger and milkshake with my refund

• 6. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
                    Toomany3 Level 1

I think you'll see that Adobe is great to work with.  They still need to make money so they can continue development.  I got tired of waiting for FCP8 so I got CS5 for Mac.  Then I got tired of Mac's prices when I had to upgrade computers and called Adobe to see if they'd change my CS5 to PC.  They did.

You'll love Adobe (except for Multicam).  It's so much better than FCP7.  And it's 100X more professional than FCPX.  And, guess what?  Premiere's lousy multicam is better than FCPX's.

• 7. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I'll send a link to this thread to one of the sales guys.

We're on vacation this week, so don't expect a rapid response.

• 8. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
                        dradeke Adobe Employee

Tony,

I'm probably the 'sales guy' that Todd meant (though I'm not a sales person).

That being said, if you send me a private message, I can contact you directly to understand the particulars.  Obviously, I cannot affect or change a program (I barely even get any input), so making changes at this point now that it is out, it basically impossible.  However, we do care about our customers and though we cannot make them all happy all of the time, we do try our best.  So, send me a private message and I'll explore it with you.

Best,

Dennis

• 9. Re: Attention Adobe Customer Service...
                          Tony Brittan Level 1

Thank you for reaching out Dennis!  I've sent you a private message so please check out inbox.  By the way it's kinda hard to find the PM page in case I want to go back and check for responses and the like.  Or...maybe I'm just not seeing it 

Let me know that you got it and thank you, again, for showing Adobe cares!

Tony