1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 1:02 PM by SPGAnne

autoCenterTransform on rotate effect not working !!!

SPGAnne Level 1

Is there a workaround or known bug fix for the fact that the autoCenterTransform=true is not working for the rotate effect.

I tried this with the spark Rotate effect control and played it in IE with FlashPlayer 10.3.1818.14 and also on Firefox with FlashPlayer 10.2.153.1

Even Adobe's sample here isn't working.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS6C251DAF-9EBC-4a79-820B-E4AA5B2ADCE8.html#WS4A706 08A-1304-4463-8FC6-B4ABC41078A8

I also tried using the old mx Rotate effect like this, and it is no longer working with Flex 4.5 SDK.

<mx:Rotate id="rotateEffect" target="{this}" originX="{this.width/2}" originY="{this.height/2}"

angleFrom="0" angleTo="360" duration="2000" repeatCount="1" effectEnd="rotateEndHandler()"/>

This rotate effect using Flex 3.6 sdk works fine using the FlashPlayers listed above.

<mx:Rotate

id="rotateEffect" target="{this}" angleFrom="0" angleTo="360" duration="2000" repeatCount="1" effectEnd="rotateEndHandler()"/>

• 1. Re: autoCenterTransform on rotate effect not working !!!
          SPGAnne Level 1

I found a workaround for my custom Button that I had built to rotate itself around it's center and was being used inside a mx VBox.  I wrapped the whole thing in a spark Group component which I set to the same size as the Button and then put that Group inside my VBox that was set with horizontalalign and the button now rotates properly on it's center point.