3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 4:32 AM by Peter Spier

HELP w/ Blank, missing pages?

dcabkk

Please bear with me, I am just learning.  I am trying to export a 2 pg. pdf and the first page is blank when I expor it.  When I look in the pages view on Indesign, it is also blank, any idea what could be causing this?   I can see it clearly on my screen, just not in the pages view.  Any help would be SO VERY appreciated.

• 1. Re: HELP w/ Blank, missing pages?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

There are several view modes in ID that you can invoke to show us what's going on. Let's start by making sure you are in "Normal" mode (View> Display Mode > Normal) and that Overprint Preview is off (View > Overprint Preview should be unchecked).

In that condition, all objects on the page should display on your screen. Do you see them?

Now, with nothing selected and no text cursor active, press W (the shorcut to toggle in and out of Preview Mode). Do things disappear? Id the answer is yes, then they are set to be non-printing in some way, possibly because they are on a layer set to non-printing, or else they are set individually to non-printing in the Attributes panel.

Let us know what you are seeing.

• 2. Re: HELP w/ Blank, missing pages?
            dcabkk Level 1

Thanks for your reply.  I did check all those things and nothing disappeared in preview mode.  I can see the page on my screen but it's still blank in the page view menu.  It does say "C-Master applied" when I hover over the blank page in the pages menu. Not sure if that helps or not?

• 3. Re: HELP w/ Blank, missing pages?
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Do you have a C-Master page? What's on it?

I think the next satep is probably this: Remove minor corruption by exporting

It's a bit less reliable in CS5 and 5.5 than it was in earlier versions, but still worth a try.