2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2011 5:22 AM by JoseAjáAjá

PlayerDebugMode variable type

JoseAjáAjá Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to do my first extension in Flash builder 4, with the CS SDK installed.

The extension is for InDesign CS5.5, and I put in the manifest.xml file, the following lines:

<ExecutionEnvironment>

<HostList>

<Host Name="IDSN" Version="7" />

</HostList>

<LocaleList>

<Locale Code="All" />

</LocaleList>

<RequiredRuntimeList>

<RequiredRuntime Name="CSXS" Version="2.0" />

</RequiredRuntimeList>

</ExecutionEnvironment>

I've copied the contents of the "bin-debug" output folder into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\<ServiceMgr_root>\extensions\<RandomNameForMyExtension>\", but the extension IS NOT IN MY InDesign's Window->Extensions menu!!

I'm neither signing it, nor packaging it, because I want to run it for debugging. The documentation explicitly tells us to set this variable:

"

• There is an operating-system flag, PlayerDebugMode, that sets debugging mode for the Flash Player embedded in Creative Suite applications. This flag must be set to allow you to run unsigned extensions during development. Extension Builder automatically updates the debug flag for you, but it can fail to do so. If you cannot open your extension, check that the PlayerDebugMode flag is set to 1 in the platform-specific location:

• In Windows:
          For a CS5 target, the Registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS2Preferences\
          For a CS5.5 target, the Registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.2.5Preferences\

"

The problem is as follows:

1. That variable doesn't exist in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CSXS.2.5Preferences\.
      2. If I have to create it... then what exactly is its type (i.e. REG_SZ, REG_BINARY, REG_DWORD, REG_EXPAND_SZ, REG_MULTI_SZ) and what exactly should its value be??? I've tried several of them, but my extension DOESN'T APPEAR IN THE MENU!!!

Help please!!

Thank you