1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 12:11 AM by elliot.balanza

MySql Connection window-----says MySql Error#1045

designindreamweaver

I have made a db on my server (hostgator) and I have connected to the db through phpmyadmin. I am trying to connect to MySql through dreamweaver so I can make the index.php file and create some forms and tables so I can link my php file to my db. I can make a connection with the host as I have already uploaded some files there. When I go to the databases section in the control panel and I go to add new connection I have tried everything to get it too connect. I get an error of MySql Error#1045 Acess denied for user 'XXX@localhost' (using password "YES") Please help hours have gone by:(

• 1. Re: MySql Connection window-----says MySql Error#1045
          elliot.balanza

Well I know this is probably NOT going to help but here is what I've learned so far:

1. It happens with most all the sites using cPanel as control panel.

2. Some thimes this is caused cause in the cPanel, right next to PhP MyAdmin there is a box called remote mysql, you need to be sure that your ip addy is there so you can connect remotely.

3. if you can connect through the mysql gui, then you are free to connect trhough DW... However sometime (most of the times lately) that wont work...

try what i said and i'll keep on checking why this is happening... btw i've asked suppont on four differente hositngs, and cpanel itself.

Vampmaster.