1 person found this helpful
According to an earlier post, SWF files maintain their 9-slice coordinates. Have you tried exporting in SWF format from Fireworks? Instead of File > Export, use File > Save As and then for "Save Copy As" choose Adobe SWF. Click on the Options button and check the Maintain Paths and Maintain Editability boxes. Let me know if this works.
Thanks for your reply. Tried to get the info out of the SWF but did not get very far. But i managed to get it another way:
1) In the document library choose "export symbols..."
2) select the desired symbol and click export
3) import the png in flash (i just dragged it to flash)
4) a dialog pops up -> click ok
5) place this script on the first frame: trace((getChildAt(0) as MovieClip).getChildAt(0).scale9Grid);
6) publish to see the trace which contains the 9slice info
Credits go to my helping colleague :-)
Next step is to automate this, and try to get all the layers / states out
Excellent! Thanks for posting your solution Felipe.