7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 2:51 PM by the_wine_snob

Burning the menu template to disc.

Grazlesnick

Hi,

I could really do with some help please, I'm going mad.  I am trying to include an Adobe Premier Elements 7 template to a disc, I have usually used Windows DVD Burner, and can't seem to do it.  Is there something else I should be doing when I've decided on the template, designed with a different font etc, but only a button to ''play movie'.?  I can burn the video, but when played back on t.v. I'm not getting the initial template,what am I missing?  Do I have to drag the template anywhere?

• 1. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Just to be sure that I am following you, on what you have done, and what you want to do, can you look over my restatement, and then correct me, where I have gone wrong.

1. You have taken a Library Menu Set in PrE, and have made some changes to it.
          2. You now want to use that Menu Set in a PrE Project, Burning to Disc.
          3. You are either not able to use that altered Menu Set, or you want to add that altered Menu Set to the Library.

Is that correct, and for # 3, which is it, that you wish to do?

When you made the changes to the Menu Set, did you do that in PrE, or in Photoshop, or PSElements?

Depending on what you have, and exactly what you want to do, there are a few differences in how to go about it.

Thanks for the info, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
            Grazlesnick Level 1

Hello Bill,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.  I have taken a disc template from PrE - Waterfall Mist - and made alterations to the colour and size of the font of the title and play button.  I do not need markers, so all I have on the template is 'play movie'.  Yes, I would like to put this template at the beginning of my film with just a 'play movie' button.  When previewing it on the computer, it runs through smoothly, but when the disc is then put into the television, it starts from the beginning of the film, omitting the menu.  I've tried so many ways to do this; perhaps it can't be done, but thought I'd ask before I wasted any more dvd's.

I changed everything in Adobe Premier Elements 7 which I have used for a number of years.  I have always used Windows DVD maker to burn my dvd's, but that doesn't seem to want to put the menu at the beginning now, only at the end.

I hope I've given you enough information, and thank you once again for your help.

Jacqueline

• 3. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jacqueline,

Did you add a Menu Marker to the beginning of the Timeline, and does the Menu appear in the Preview?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
                Stanbrough

Hi Bill,

Have had a problem finding you as Adobe had two accounts for me in different screen names, and couldn't get to the right one.

No I haven't put a marker at the beginning of the timeline, do I need to?  and yes, the menu does appear in the preview.  The menu appear s if I use the computer to play the disc, but when using the television to play it, it doesn't.  I have to say that this is the first time I have used the Premiere disc burning and menu, so I'm a bit of a novice.

Jacqueline

• 5. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jacqueline,

With the Menu selected, go to the very beginning of your Timeline and add a Main Menu Marker, and test that it gets your Main Menu where you want it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
                    Stanbrough Level 1

Hi Bill,

I've done it!  Thank you for your help and advice; with a bit of jiggling and your suggestion, I have got the menu where I wanted it, and it's working.  Thanks again.

Jacqueline

• 7. Re: Burning the menu template to disc.
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome, and thank you for reporting your success!

Happy authoring,

Hunt