3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 11:53 AM by rahdwh

integration of swf with embedded external swfs in dw

rahdwh

Hi There

I have a flash file, which I am using as the index for my site. Into this flash file, I have an external swf that loads for an introduction.  In this external swf, the as is set up so as to be a full browser, scalable slideshow. The index swf has a horizontal menu bar, from which other external swfs can be loaded.  As a side note, I don't know if this is indicative of something... the preloader also does not want to work with the externally loaded swf, but will work when a dummy photo placed in the main swf file.

When I bring this into dreamweaver, the swf that was loaded into the index swf is no longer full browser, allthough it works when I preview (ctrl + enter) from within flash.  It does not work from within flash when I hit f12.  Yes, the html wrapper is exported at 100% width and height.  All the files are in the correct place, within the same folder.  Also, the preloader doesn't work but it wasn't working from within flash with an externally loaded swf.  Any ideas on getting a full browser flash external swfs to work once the main index swf is brought over into dreamweaver?

Thanks,

Rachel

• 1. Re: integration of swf with embedded external swfs in dw
          rahdwh Level 1

actually, i just got it to work using this from another forum:

blank.scaleX = stage.width/blank.width;
                         blank.scaleY = stage.height/blank.height;

however...

the preloader is still not working.  here is that code:

stop();

this.loaderInfo.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, onLoading);
                         this.loaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);

function onLoading(evt:ProgressEvent):void {
                         var loaded:Number = evt.bytesLoaded / evt.bytesTotal;
                         percent_txt.text = (loaded*100).toFixed(0) + "%";
                         bar.scaleX = loaded;
                         };

function onComplete(event:Event):void {
                        this.loaderInfo.removeEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, onLoading);
                        this.loaderInfo.removeEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);
                        gotoAndStop(2);
                         };

any ideas?

• 2. Re: integration of swf with embedded external swfs in dw
            Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are using DW to embed the swf(s), you should instead let Flash publish an html page and get that working.  If you get that working, copy the embedding code from the Flash-generated html into the DW page.

• 3. Re: integration of swf with embedded external swfs in dw
              rahdwh Level 1

Thanks for your reply - I did get that to work out with some as. I usually don't like using the html that flash generates b/c it looks really messy, but I think I've got it now, thanks.

Any ideas on that preloader business?  I've found lots of topics that discuss how to make a preloader for an external swf.  However, is it possible to have a preloader begin at the outset of a swf, and when this is complete, both an external swf ("introduction slideshow") and the rest of the main swf (menu bars etc) appear also?  Currently I can only get a preloader to work for the main file, and then a seperate one to work for the external.  If the external works as a background slideshow to the main file, can I get them to work under the same preloader??

Should I post this in a new thread?

Thanks!