5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 4:47 PM by Steve Grisetti

How do I go from organizer to Premiere Elements editor?

Richlab57

Sorry to bother the forum with this.  I finished adding keyword labels to video clips in the organizer and now want to take those clips to Premiere Elements 9 for editing. How does someone do that?   I looked at the help information, and perhaps Adobe thinks it's obvious, but it's not.  Also, once in Premiere Elements, why do the video clips not show up in project view? Thanks for your help. Richard

• 1. Re: How do I go from organizer to Premiere Elements editor?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Select the clips you want to include in the Organizer's Media Browser and then right-click on them. You'll see the option to Edit in Premiere Elements.

BTW, you didn't say whether these clips were video or photos -- and, if videos, what kind of camcorder they came from -- but, depending on the media format, you may need to take some other things into consideration before you bring the files into Premiere Elements.

(The progam may not think this kind of thing is obvious enough to address, but my books do. They're available on Amazon.com and at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com at http://Muvipix.com.pe9.php )

• 2. Re: How do I go from organizer to Premiere Elements editor?
            Richlab57 Level 1

Steve, I appreciate your taking the time to respond.  I've experimented more and can ask the question

more precisely:  I can import files directly in the Premiere Elements 9 and work with them (including being able to see them in project view) but I am having trouble doing the same thing in organizer.

Once I've finished creating a catalog in organizer (added star ratings and keywords), I want to take certain files into Premiere but not have them added to the timeline or sceneline.  I want them to be in the "media" section and in the "projects view."

Do I need to create an album while still in organizer and, if so, how do I get the clips in that album to function the way I've just described?

Once again, I appreciate your helping me out.  Richard

• 3. Re: How do I go from organizer to Premiere Elements editor?
              Richlab57 Level 1

My apologies...these are video clips from a Canon HD camcorder.

• 4. Re: How do I go from organizer to Premiere Elements editor?
                Richlab57 Level 1

Steve, I already have your book, which has been very helpful as I learn Premiere Elements.

Based on what you wrote before, I selected several video clips (from a Canon HD camcorder) in the organizer and right clicked to get them into Premiere Elements.  The problem is that PE immediately puts the clips in the timeline.  I want them to be in the panel on the right side of PE (where the thumbnails are) so I can edit the clips before putting them in the timeline.

Would you please tell me how to do this?  Thanks.  Richard

• 5. Re: How do I go from organizer to Premiere Elements editor?
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The easiest way to do what you describe is to create an Album in the Organizer for your clips.

If you then go to the Media panel (under the Organize tab) in Premiere Elements, you'll be able to locate the files by Album and add them to your timeline or to your project.

And thanks for supporting the book by the way!!!