• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building a Flash/PHP app without zend framework

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished going through the Flex test drive tutorial and am very happy with the way data services makes it really easy to connect to PHP backends.

I have a PHP application that is not built using the zend framework. I wish to use the Flex framework to develop views for this application. My AMF endpoint will be provided by Zend_AMF as a controller of my application, for example: www.example.com/amf-endpoint

How do I go about connecting my amf-end point to my flex application? Am I able point Flash builder to my classes to load the methods into the data services panel (for example, inspect User.php and find the editUser and createNewUser methods)?

Cheers

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In applications developed by Flash Builder for PHP, the suggested flow is to use the gateway script that helps you connect Flex components and methods to the PHP endpoints of your service. More about the gateway script can be read here http://files.zend.com/help/Flash-Builder-for-PHP/Help/php_support_properties.htm#MiniTOCBookMark3

Once you use this gateway flow, you benefit from auto introspection of your PHP code and Flex source code generation for calling your services.

A full example is provided here: http://files.zend.com/help/Flash-Builder-for-PHP/Help/build_a_web_(php)_application.htm

Enjoy,

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines