3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 7:08 AM by Don McIntyre

why is Premiere outputting whole clip..?!?

Don McIntyre

Hi - fairly new so I apologise if this is a stupid question, though I have searched hard online before posting here.

I am reading a clip from a DVD of which I only want to export a short segment. I have created 'in points' and 'out points' in the program console, but despite this it's rendering *the entire clip* on export. It's driving me to drink (which admittedly is a short journey).

Any ideas?

Thanks

don

• 2. Re: why is Premiere outputting whole clip..?!?
          TradeWind Level 3

Definitely use the work area. There are shortcuts (ALT+[ for the beginning, ALT+] for the end)

Also use the work area to limit your render area when previewing clips on the timeline. You can render just the RED sections of the timeline, or render RED and YELLOW all within the range of the work area bar.

Setting in and out points in the sequence/timeline/program designates a spot for laying in footage from the program or source panels. Very useful for that, but not useful for setting your export or render sections.

Also, in the export dialog box, you have the option of using the work area or the entire sequence. It's set to work area by default, but just be aware that when/if you want to export the entire sequence, you'll either need to expand the work area on your timeline or select the entire sequence option from the dropdown box in the export dialog.

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: why is Premiere outputting whole clip..?!?
            Don McIntyre Level 1

Christian... many thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on.

Rgds

don

Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:36:44 -0600

To: dunkeld2001@hotmail.com

Subject: why is Premiere outputting whole clip..?!?

Definitely use the work area. There are shortcuts (ALT+ for the end)

Also use the work area to limit your render area when previewing clips on the timeline. You can render just the RED sections of the timeline, or render RED and YELLOW all within the range of the work area bar.

Setting in and out points in the sequence/timeline/program designates a spot for laying in footage from the program or source panels. Very useful for that, but not useful for setting your export or render sections.

Also, in the export dialog box, you have the option of using the work area or the entire sequence. It's set to work area by default, but just be aware that when/if you want to export the entire sequence, you'll either need to expand the work area on your timeline or select the entire sequence option from the dropdown box in the export dialog.

>