It throws this exception:
Invalid syntax (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401E4 (MK_E_SYNTAX))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.MkParseDisplayName(IBindCtx pbc, String szUserName, UInt32& pchEaten, IMoniker& ppmk)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindToMoniker(String monikerName)
Caused by this line:
InDesignServer.Application app = (InDesignServer.Application)(System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindToMoniker("config uration_noport"));
The server is successfully running with the no configuration parameters therefore the configuration name by default should be "configuration_noport".
Any idea why it's throwing this error? This is a C# 4.0 console application connecting to Indesign Server CS 5 (7.0).
Can anyone from Adobe please offer some more insight on this matter? I have encountered the excact same issues and not been able to find any answers or clues.
Test Steps involved:
- start a named indesign server instance in a cmd using: indesignserver -configuration testServer (and seeing that it's using 'testServer' when starting up)
- running a sample using BindtoMoniker() always works using VS and the built-in dev WebServer and connects to my named instance 'testServer' but never with IIS.
- tried to grant as much as possible to IIS pool identity, DCOM settings etc...no luck
- impersonating as Admin in code and making sure the current thread is authenticated, no luck
- all I can is to fire up new COM instances with IIS using the new:... syntax but not get the named one
Hi, did you tried by this way?
System.Type indAppType = System.Type.GetTypeFromProgID("InDesignServer.Application");
InDesignServer.Application objInDesignServerApp = (InDesignServer.Application)Activator.CreateInstance(indAppType, true);
for me it worked well