• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Components,ViewStacks and Modules.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I am not sure when to use these. What I learnt from Google is that Modules are loaded whenever a user clicks on a button that would load data from a particular module. This is something that would be useful, because I would then reduce the time my application takes to load.

I have a main MXML application under src/(defaultpackage) and I have attempted to organise my application my creating modules.

Two sample modules are: People.mxml and Departments.mxml.

In the main.mxml, I have two buttons labelled People and Departments respectively. When I click on the button People, I want the module People.mxml to be loaded and its screen rendered in the initial main.mxml screen. This means that the two buttons remain.

In HTML jargon, I would basically open an html page in a target area of my main.html page.

How do I implement this?

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shailen.  You'll find a number of great working examples of how to use the Flex ViewStack in the Tour de Flex samples application.

You can access that application here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/tourdeflex.html

Cheers,

Cory West

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines