2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 7:17 AM by xbrotherx

Linux AIR app doesn't dispatch DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA

xbrotherx

I have an AIR application that is used for configuring embedded devices ... specifically video conferencing endpoints. We allow customers to upgrade the software and firmware on these devices via this AIR application. The upgrade image is around 130MB. I simply use the File API to handle the uploading of the file.

On OSX and Windows the upload goes very smoothly, dispatching ProgressEvents, then an HTTPStatus event and finally the DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA when complete. But on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), ProgressEvents are dispatched but when complete the DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA is never dispatched but rather the mysterious IOError.errorID #2038. I don't even get an HTTPStatus error before the IOError is dispatched.

The interesting thing to note is the file does completely get uploaded to the server. I just never get the DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA event like I do in OSX and Windows.

There are no domain security issues since this is all on a closed internal network. The uploading tests were all to the same endpoint IP using the same upgrade image file.

The only thing I can tell that might be an issue is the file size (which again makes no sense, since it works on the other two OS's). Before I upload the 130MB file I upload a small chunk of it's header so the endpoint can verify that the upgrade image is a valid upgrade file. That is uploaded via the File API as well with no issues. I get the DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA event from that upload.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know Linux has been thrown under the bus but there are still applications out there that run on AIR up to 2.6 and need support for issues like this.