You need to add your stuff to a composition. All you are currently doing is watching the source footage, not even the layer. and forget those tutorails, you are way in over your head and skipped the basics, meaning you don't even understand the fundamental concepts (no offense). Buy a bottle of Vodka, get real drunk and when the magic powers of a hangover have blown all this nonsense from your skull, start over with a clean slate.
Yes, I know that. But I don't know how to get further. Problem is, I need to be done next Wednesday. No later. My editor bailed on me, so I am learning myself as I go. Not easy. It's been maddening, actually, to learn PremPro, Soundbooth and AE all at once.
That's why I asked for that video link. It started with the very basics, but specifically for absolute beginners who just want to use Warp Stabilizer. I don't have weeks to learn AE as a whole.
- select the MOV file in the project
- drag it onto the third icon from the left of the same panel
- *wham* Magic, a comp appears!
- right-click in comp window and choose "Stabilize Motion" from menu
- awesome Warp Stabilizer kicks in
- choose text tool
- type text on top of background layer
- choose "Composition --> Make Movie"
- hit "Render" button
Anything more would really require you to read the help...
Okay, that gets me started. Thank you. I really do appreciate it. I'll have plenty of time to learn learn learn later this year, but right now, I am forced to cut corners. And not sleep. Sleeping = time away from the computer.