4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 12:49 PM by Szalam

text pixellated

mattsalter

Hi,

All text that I enter into After Effects is of poor quality i.e pixellated. When I zoom in it just gets worse. I have continual rasterize on and resolution to full.

Can anyone help

• 1. Re: text pixellated
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You are using a bitmap font which is not resolution independent (yes, there is such a thing!), use OpenGL and your graphics card is not up to snuff or you have a rather generic more widespread problem with how your system handles fonts. Simple cross-check: Attempt to use the same font elsewhere/ use anotehr font in AE and see, if it shows the same behavior. The rest is too vague to make any sense of it, so you would need to provide more info and even screenshots.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: text pixellated
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> When I zoom in it just gets worse.

Does the pixelation occur when you view the composition at 100% (not zoomed)?

Zooming in a preview will show the pixels in an image. That's normal. From After Effects Help:

"Note: After Effects renders vector objects before zooming (scaling for preview), so some vector objects may appear jagged when you zoom in on them. This apparent pixelation for zooms does not affect scaling of layers or rendering to final output. "

There are preferences that affect the quality of scaling for previews.

• 3. Re: text pixellated
              mattsalter Level 1

I have tried to font in Illustrator and it is perfect. However, when I try another font in AE its still pixellated?

• 4. Re: text pixellated
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A screenshot would help us. My thought is that you're using your text in a comp that's not using square pixels and you have aspect ratio correction turned on. If you render it, how does it look?