6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 5:00 PM by Amebr

trouble with error message

luviola10 Level 1

I'm using RH8 and have many broken links in my project. See the error message I'm receiving when I try to resolve the links:

RH_Error.png

• 1. Re: trouble with error message
          RoboColum(n) Level 5

The error message is a good one in that it describes the reason why you can't restore the link to your topics. Broken links are normally caused by someone moving / renaming topics from outside RoboHelp. Check that this has not happened. If it has, you'll have to restore things back to the way they were.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew
          • 2. Re: trouble with error message
            luviola10 Level 1

Actually I added a new folder after c:\GRHelp named SCADA Callout Guide. I did because I had all the project folders under c:\GRHelp, as if GRHelp were the name of the project. I copied everything in c:\GRHelp and moved it under SCADA Callout Guide.

I felt I needed to do this because I want to be able to place other projects under the folder GRHelp. See pic:

NewFolderInserted.png

• 3. Re: trouble with error message
              Amebr Level 4

I think that you may have broken the project folder layout?

For example, the error says "CalloutGuide\ABB_Docs" but I can see an "ABB_Docs" folder directly under "SCADA Callout Guide".

Additionally, the path seems to continue with  "s6010001..." and in the second picture I think I can see a similar folder which is also at the same level as CalloutGuide.

Do you have a backup of the project before you moved it? If you haven't moved the project correctly, a backup will be the quickest way of getting everything correct. If not, you will have to manually move the folders into the correct place.

DISCLAIMER: my conclusion is based on partial screenshots - your folder setup may be correct but I can't tell from looking at the images provided. You need to check your paths before moving anything else, to determine if indeed the folders and files are in the wrong locations.

• 4. Re: trouble with error message
                luviola10 Level 1

yes. I used the project backup and everything is back in place.  What I

tried to do was inject another folder called SCADA Callout Guide after

c:/GRHelp because GRHelp is the name of my project but I want it to be an

overall projects folder. I made the mistake when I inherited the project

from another machine and named the project GRHelp at that time.

• 5. Re: trouble with error message
                  luviola10 Level 1

Also, I inherited folder names that were repetitive, such as Callout Guide,

which were used throughout but I managed to get these cleaned up a bit...

• 6. Re: trouble with error message
                    Amebr Level 4

Glad you got it sorted out.