6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 2:33 AM by AJJourdan

PPBM No Output.txt File Created

alexdejesus Level 1

Anyone know the proper steps to do the benchmark in CS5.5? I'm obviously missing something. I went through the entire procedure, but in the end no Output.txt file was created.

• 1. Re: PPBM No Output.txt File Created
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I assume then that you got a error message after running the script.  Right now for the time being you have to make sure that you rename your files in AME to make sure they all are called Benchmark.xxx.  Like Benchmark.m4v.

• 2. Re: PPBM No Output.txt File Created
            Harm Millaard Level 7

More than 500 people did the same test without problems, well some problems because they did not follow the instructions to the letter, but generally it works without problems.

However, it is a very simple script and if you do not follow the instructions EXACTLY, you may get into trouble.

My suggestion, print out the instructions and start from scratch.

• 3. Re: PPBM No Output.txt File Created
              alexdejesus Level 1

Yes, I started from scratch and performed the test several times. Lol! I even re-downloaded the package. Everything extracted to the same PPBM folder on my drive.

As for following to the letter, that is impossible to do because CS5.5 renames the project file to "Benchmark_1.prproj" (not addressed in the instructions).

I proceeded both ways - 1) keeping the "-1"  and 2) renaming it back to "Benchmark.prproj." It didn't make a difference either way.

I'm assuming that (Step 3 and Step 5)  when I double-click the "statistics" file, a box message should open telling me the Output file has been created. That is not happening. If it is in fact creating the file, I cannot find it.

Yes, 500 people did the test, so the potential is there for me to feel really stupid! That must include 5.5 users, although it is not reflected anywhere.

@ Bill: No, I got no error message. And all exports are named "Benchmark.xxx"

Message was edited by: percoplus

• 4. Re: PPBM No Output.txt File Created
                Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you have some sort of antivirus or something like that running that prevents you from running a visual basic script?  Does that File Time script work on your system? Incidently Harm's 500 users only 33 have figured out how to run it under CS5.5.

You do not let it rename the file to Benchmark_1.prproj, force it to Benchmark.prproj

• 5. Re: PPBM No Output.txt File Created - RESOLVED!
                  alexdejesus Level 1

It works now! Step 3 in the instructions says to "double-click on Statistics.vbs" file. In my case, double-clicking opens the vbs as a text file and does nothing else. However, when I right-click the Statistics.vbs and select "Open with Command Prompt" then it does what it's supposed to do. I get the info box and the txt file is created in the PPBM folder.

Message was edited by: percoplus

• 6. Re: PPBM No Output.txt File Created
                    AJJourdan

Thanks for your help with CS5.5.

What worked for me with CS5.5 was to rename the 3 output files Benchmark.m2v , Benchmark.m4v and Benchmark.avi