6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2011 8:10 AM by Pijetro

AME and exporting chapter points

Pijetro Level 1

I've got a puzzler.

I make several sequences with many DVD chapter markers in each sequence. I even go through the hassle of naming each chapter marker (chap1, chap2, etc..)

I open up AME, and import several sequences from the same PPro project. I do a global change to the bitrates, audio, video, etc.....

Once this is all done, i import the assets into Encore..

After importing the assets, i create Timelines from the .AC3 and .M2V streams. Upon opening up the timelines, some of the timelines (sequences) respect the chapter points, and some don't..I can't for the life of me figure out what i'm doing wrong?

Question:

Is there something within PPro that i'm not doing correctly?

Does the chapter point information lie inside the .xmpses, or the .xmp file?

If so, is there a known bug for chapter points NOT being respected upon export or import?

What am i doing wrong?

All material is HDV 30P, being downconverted to 720x480.

The streams are fine, and i've authoured many DVD's this way.

The only problem is the inconsistancey of chapter points..

• 1. Re: AME and exporting chapter points
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Are these Encore Chapter Markers?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: AME and exporting chapter points
            Pijetro Level 1

The chapter markers are DVD chapter markers within PPro...Not to be confused with the sequence markers.

They are recognized when brought into Encore...Sometimes.

• 3. Re: AME and exporting chapter points
              Jim_Simon Level 8

What exactly is wrong with the problem markers?  Are they missing entirely?  In a different spot?  Differently named?

• 4. Re: AME and exporting chapter points
                Pijetro Level 1

There are no problem markers.

The problem is, they don't appear at all.

No rhyme or reason.

Sent from my kid's iPod, 'cause I can't afford one.

• 5. Re: AME and exporting chapter points
                  Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

What version?

In CS5, the simplest explanation is that you didn't start with the MPEG2DVD preset for export.  If you start with the generic MPEG2 preset, then an .xmpses file isn't created and En won't see the chapter markers.

Beyond that, check your Media Preferences in Pr.  Make sure both XMP options are checked.  I didn't take the time to test the effect of having one or both unchecked, but with both of them checked the MPEG2DVD preset produced chapter markers in En on my system using CS5.

-Jeff

• 6. Re: AME and exporting chapter points
                    Pijetro Level 1

I understand everything everybody is suggesting....Very much appreciated.

But when i open up an AME, i import several PPro sequences simultaneously.

I click and drag all the Formats within the AME window simultaneously.

I click and drag all the Presets within the AME window simultaneously.

I set the encoding parameters simultaneously...

All outputs are the same.

The only break in the chain is naming the output files..

And as i said..For some reason, and i don't know why, when my encoded files get imported into Encore, then some of the timelines created don't recognize the chapter points.

Perhaps it's an Encore issue?

I've got some projects to do, but once they're complete, i believe a full uninstall is in order...

And perhaps even upgrade to 5.5....