2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2011 7:24 AM by publishink

InDesign CS5.5 doesn't show the fonts in Font Book

publishink

I recently upgraded to CS5.5 Premium at the same time as I upgraded to OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8).

While I am asking this question about InDesign, all programs in the package (Illustrator, etc.) seem to have the same problem:

They don't recognise the fonts I have already installed in Font Book – TT, OT, or whatever type.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

In InDesign the only way round it seems to be to add the fonts I need to InDesign's fonts folder. But that doesn't change anything for Illustrator.

I hope someone can help.

• 1. Re: InDesign CS5.5 doesn't show the fonts in Font Book
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't really install fonts IN Font Book. You just use Font Book to place new fonts in one of two locations on your Mac. If you look at Collections in the upper left corner of the Font Book screen you should see one called User and one called Computer. These are really just references to:

Users > [yourname] > Library > Fonts

and

[computername] > Library > Fonts

Look in those two folders and see if the fonts are there.

All applications on your computer should show those fonts in their font menus. Do the fonts show up in other applications like TextEdit or Word?

BTW, there is the possibility you could have had problems with your 10.6.8 install. You might try running the 10.6.8 Update Combo as described in this article:

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Suffers Printing and Audio Problems

• 2. Re: InDesign CS5.5 doesn't show the fonts in Font Book
            publishink Level 1

Thanks, Steve.

I eventually got it working. As you pointed out, I think it must have been something to do with the OS X install.

Accidentally deleting all fonts in Font Book seemed to do the trick – once I had re-imported them.

Thanks again.