1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2006 7:54 PM by Newsgroup_User

Issues bringing Illustrator CS2 files into Fireworks 8

ChuckRWD
      I am trying to bring an Illustrator CS2 file in Friewors 8 for a web project. Although I use web safe colors that are identical in the two different programs, when I try to import the Illustrator EPS file into firworks, the colors on the Illustator logo are off...much darker than they should be. Is there something I am doing wrong here? I convert the logo to EPS and bring import it into Frieworks, but EVERY time, whether I match up the colors using CMYK, RGB, etc... they are ALWAYS darker in the Illustrator file! Thanks for the help!
      Chuck
        • 1. Re: Issues bringing Illustrator CS2 files into Fireworks 8
          Level 7
          chuck,

Try the following:

In Illustrator go into View > Proof Setup
          Select Monitor RGB
          Go back in an select Customize > sRGB

That should give you consistent colors between Illustrator and
          Flash/Fireworks/the web.

alex

ChuckRWD wrote:
          > I am trying to bring an Illustrator CS2 file in Friewors 8 for a web project.
          > Although I use web safe colors that are identical in the two different
          > programs, when I try to import the Illustrator EPS file into firworks, the
          > colors on the Illustator logo are off...much darker than they should be. Is
          > there something I am doing wrong here? I convert the logo to EPS and bring
          > import it into Frieworks, but EVERY time, whether I match up the colors using
          > CMYK, RGB, etc... they are ALWAYS darker in the Illustrator file! Thanks for
          > the help!
          > Chuck
          >