3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2006 3:34 PM by jlivingston1

Using the mic jack in Captivate?

jlivingston1
      Any suggestions on how I turn on the mic jack in Captivate 2? I’m using the 30 day free trial” any chance the mic record option has been turned off in this version?
      The mic and the jack work fine in other programs.

Thank you for any help.
      Joe
        • 1. Re: Using the mic jack in Captivate?
          CatBandit Level 3
          Hi Joe, and welcome to the Captivate User community!

Nothing is disabled in the trial versions. The inability of Captivate to recognize some mics has been a problem forever, and all I can suggest is that you run a search (here) to see how others handled the problem. Wish I could tell you just to "turn it on" but it's just not that simple.

You will have to use trial and error with various microphones or follow the suggestions of others herein, to solve the problem. Try searching for the string "Audio AND mic". Search at least the "General", the "Editing", and the "Recording" forums for that string (hold down CTRL while selecting (clicking) multiple fourms). That will yield several pages of "hits" on your problem.

G'day, and good luck!!
          • 2. Re: Using the mic jack in Captivate?
            CatBandit Level 3
            P.S. Late thought - "RealTek" mics and sound components seem especially problematic. If you are running a Real Tek microphone, change to another manufacturer and see if that helps.

Bye.
            • 3. Re: Using the mic jack in Captivate?
              jlivingston1 Level 1
              Hi Larry,
              Thanks for the suggestions. I was sure there must be a switch some where, so you saved me a lot of time and frustration. I'll post what I find. Thanks again.
              Joe