1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2011 12:47 PM by Kristin95762

I'm wondering if there is a scrollable panel bug

Kristin95762

I have a text box which I have pasted in plenty of Lorem ipsum to utilize a scollbar.

I have selected my working scrollbar, selected the text box and converted to a scrollable panel.

Catalyst (cs 5.5) is adding extra text to my scrollable content area, clipping what was there, and when I delete it, I get the resizing area warning and my scrollable content only partially shows up in my test run, as well as the scrollbar disappearing...even though I can still see the text inside of Catalyst (when I double click through the component to the text itself).

Here's the code Catalyst is generating:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Group xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

width="438" height="288">

<s:RichText x="0" y="0" width="438" height="180" color="#464646" fontFamily="Papyrus"

fontSize="18" tabStops="S0 S50 S100 S150 S200 S250 S300 S350 S400 S450"

whiteSpaceCollapse="preserve">

<s:content><s:p><s:span>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum fermentum imperdiet pellentesque. Proin non tempus nunc. Aenean a ante velit. Etiam sem felis, laoreet a sagittis id, ullamcorper in nisl. Nullam eros lorem, elementum quis elementum eu, scelerisque ac sapien. Aliquam a massa sem. Aliquam molestie lacus non arcu lacinia in placerat lorem porttitor. Praesent sit amet velit tortor, cursus viverra lectus. Nullam laoreet massa venenatis nisl pretium imperdiet. Vivamus lectus dui, pretium et ornare sit amet, ullamcorper et mauris. Proin quam justo, vestibulum pharetra placerat non, ultricies eu tortor. Nullam nec nisl dui. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Vivamus laoreet tristique cursus. Donec ut viverra est. Etiam purus dui, consectetur vitae viverra id, facilisis a velit. Suspendisse a nibh arcu. Maecenas eget tortor est, et blandit ligula.</s:span></s:p><s:p></s:p><s:p><s:span>Nunc ornare feugiat dignissim. Morbi ut quam massa, non ullamcorper nibh. In sollicitudin congue enim tincidunt bibendum. Nunc non massa non lectus venenatis congue. Ut quis euismod tellus. Vivamus et mi tellus, at accumsan massa. Etiam a vestibulum arcu. Ut ac dui ipsum. Curabitur sem orci, fringilla sit amet fermentum sed, suscipit iaculis libero. Maecenas nulla turpis, auctor at condimentum a, cursus vitae velit.</s:span></s:p></s:content>

</s:RichText>

The RichText below is what Catalyst is adding which I don't want to appear and don't know how to get rid of:

<s:RichText x="0" y="190" text="Add&#xa;&#xa;More&#xa;&#xa;Content&#xa;&#xa;Here"/>

</s:Group>

Also note: there are <span> tags in the middle of the Lorem ipsum.

My scrollable content is getting clipped near the beginning of the 3rd line of text, which coincidentally is the lower bounds of my text area.

I've tried reorienting my scrollbar to be exactly the same height as the scrollable content, matching the tops of both parts and that doesn't seem to help. I've tried moving the scrollbar closer to the scrollable content and that does nothing either.

I know Catalyst has to be massaged sometimes. What's the secret here? Why is Catalyst adding in the extra <RichText> tag, right in the middle of my group?

Can this be remedied in Flash Builder?

Thanks

Kristin

Message was edited by: Kristin95762