Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't See F4V Option in Publish

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2011 Jul 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Downloaded a 30 day trial version of Captivate 5.5 and I can't seem to locate the F4v option in the Publish dialog. I have gone under Media and only have .exe, .app and .mp4.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

DC

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The publish to F4V has been replaced by publishing to MP4. But CP5.5 is coming with the full version of Adobe Media Encoder, that will allow you to convert the MP4 to FLV or F4V. Try that!

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I would encourage others to report this as a Feature Request or a Bug (depending on your view). (link is in my sig)

My thought here is that Captivate should provide most of the common formats and not require post processing unless you have some specific needs for other formats.

Adobe isn't likely to change its stance unless they hear from all sorts of users that disagree.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

What I found initially is that when I published a screen video as a .swf and then uploaded to the internet to test, the quality was less than expected. It was very grainy and pixelated. Although when testing after publish it was fine on my PC. Another forum post suggested to publish as F4V and then convert to an MPEG4 using a 3rd party converter. This is where I went looking for the F4V, but couldn't find it.

Looking for a better quality upload to the Internet. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What was the slide quality you used? And did you have Full Motion Recording? If yes, please set it to 32-bit. Really first try to have the wanted quality for your SWF. And I hope you are aware that MP4/F4V are simple video formats, which means that you lose every interactivity.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri,

I'll need to look at the settings and try what you've suggested. And I was aware of the loss of interactivity. I am trying a simple screen capture video with no user interaction.

Thanks!

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources