2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 1:02 PM by Lobolance

CS5 TOC display/styles issue

Lobolance Level 1

Hi-

I have a new tech manual. I've created three paragraph styles for the body headers, using the Bullets function; they work just fine in the test.

I have mapped those styles to TOC styles; the topmost header maps to one toc style; the other two map to the same toc style. Here however is what I get (more or less, this is a type in not a direct copy, as the formatting doesn't copy):

1 (tab)RxT 10GE User’s Manual ......................................9

1.1(tab)The System Desktop .......................................... 9

1.2(tab)LEDs ............................................................... 11

1.3(tab)Important Information ......................................... 12

1.3.1 ...............(tab)...........Warnings and Cautions (tab) .. 12

1.3.2.......(tab).......Tips on RxT & this Help System(tab)     12

1.3.3.......(tab)........FCC Information (tab)                          13

1.4(tab)Unpacking........................................................... 13

1.3.1/.2/.3 have the same TOC style as 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4. In the body text, the paragraph styles they come from are based on the same bullets list. I have no idea where the long leder before the name and the blank spaces after (in the 1.3.1 etc) come from.

Help!

Thanks-

Lance

• 1. Re: CS5 TOC display/styles issue
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

My bet would be the tabs are actually part of the original text.

• 2. Re: CS5 TOC display/styles issue
            Lobolance Level 1

Interesting thought.

Following up: I've just made a Table of Figures, and have Figure 1....(tab).......Line LEDs   9

...so I went into the text and look at the style. The Figure Caption is a bullets/numbering style, so the phrase Figure x pops up automatically, and I just write in the caption text. So there're no tabs possible there (unless they're inherent to the default bullets and numbering??).

On the original table of contents, I found that messing with the indent let me get things properly onto one line, though indented a couple of spaces. I can live with that, but I haven't figured out the basic problem.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers-

Lance Moore

Technical Publications Manager

Sunrise Telecom - Productivity Rising

+1 408-360-2258

The information contained in this email is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.