5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 7:34 AM by Frustrated in AZ

ebooks not downloading

dsuhy

Hi,

I am trying to download ebooks borrowed from the library and Digital Editions is opening but it is not doing anything after that - no error messages nothing.  I have downloaded ebooks from the library in the past with no issues.  I uninstalled Digitial Editions, restarted my computer and reinstalled it.  I've deauthorized it and authorized it.  What is my next step?  Thanks

• 1. Re: ebooks not downloading
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

As a general rule, if things were working AND you haven't done anything to

the ADE software, we have to look at the layers above it to see if a change

has caused this condition.  For example, your anti-virus may have had an

update.  Part of that process is figuring out whether the sender has changed

something too.  And all too often, they have, but haven't told you.  It's

possible that their software is sending info to ADE that it can't process.

I'd suggest that you check with your library and see if anything changed on

their end.

Almost all of the time, though, you do not need to uninstall or reinstall

ADE.  You might have to change a setting, depending on what's going on.

================

• 2. Re: ebooks not downloading
            dsuhy Level 1

Thank you for responding

I noticed that it is only happening on my Windows 7 computer, my XP computer loads them fine.  I checked the AntiVirus and Firewall and neither has an occurance where it blocked the websites or ADE from working.  My next step is to go on Microsoft's website and see if there is something going on with Windows 7.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: ebooks not downloading
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

It's not much comfort, but you're not alone.  Several messages posted to the

forum speak of users who can't download when they convert to W7.

============

• 4. Re: ebooks not downloading
                dsuhy Level 1

I found the fix!!!

Go to My Documents, My Digital Editions and delete the Restore folder and it will work.

Thanks Frustrated in AZ for responding to my problem

• 5. Re: ebooks not downloading
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

You're welcome!

Now charge up that tablet, get a cold drink, sit down and READ!!!!

==============